Search This Blog

Saturday, December 14, 2013

ALMOND OIL FOR SKIN CARE

Almond oil has been my all time favorite oil..particularly for skin care.This oil is derived from dried almonds through cold processing..My skin loves this stuff soo much!! It has oleic and linoleic acids,vitamins E,A and D in it.I never breakout with almond oil even though I am more prone to breakouts with oils in general.I replaced my serum with almond oil in my night time skin routine a few months back and I noticed visible results.I started using it on my face because my mom noticed a few fine lines appearing on my forehead and she told me to use almond oil. I have seen an improvement in the appearance of those lines and my face feels baby soft.


A little goes a long way and this is soo cheap.I got this 4 oz bottle 4 months back at Drug Emporium for 3-4$ and you can see in the pic that I haven't even completed half of it.All you need is just a very tiny amount to spread on your face..and then follow up with a regular moisturizer.I also use this as a replacement to my eye cream at night..I take a generous amount of almond oil on my ring finger and rub it in between my two ring fingers and then massage it around my eyes and orbital bone.Almond oil is known for reducing dark circles and wrinkles.This oil has become my life savior..I sometimes use it on my lips..and I will be left with a smooth baby soft lips.I also use it as a makeup remover sometimes.Mostly,I use coconut oil.But almond oil works good too.I also use it in DIY hairsprays and DIY leave in conditioners n serums.This is a wonderful split end protector..May be I am diverting to hair care! since this post is about skin care..I will discuss its use for hair in another blog post.
When you are buying almond oil to use it in skin care, check if the phrase "100% pure almond oil" is written or not.Sweet almond oil also works.But make sure it is 100%.So..why buy tons of products when you can get all your skin care done with one product?? This is my go to skin care item on lazy days when I dont feel like layering my skin with many products.


No comments:

Post a Comment